Welcome to Ocean Hills Church

Liewer Family Christmas Letter 2006

Posted by Evan Liewer Wednesday, December 20, 2006


Well every year my parents go the extra mile and instead of just sending Christmas cards with lovely photos in it, they write an entire Christmas letter. This year, they gave that dubious honor to my brother. Some may remember my brother from the Weekend (this year's theme is asfOIYB&f% 587%^#39) and he also came to Amped All Night. Well my brother wrote an amazing 7 page Christmas letter that was eventually edited down to 1 single page. I enjoyed the letter so much I figured I would share the portion he wrote regarding me and April. So without further ado, I present to you the infamous, unedited 2006 Liewer Christmas Letter:

Evan&April.....Evan was always a gifted child, but we had to wonder how his videogame skills, ninja techniques, film production output, stunt work, and his knack for lighting things on fire, would ever come together as a career. Let it be known people, dreams do come true, if you only believe. Evan has combined every one of those childhood talents with wisdom, patience, and a passion for the Gospel to create a position where childhood innocence meets adult leadership. And believe me- you will NEVER, see the Word of God taught so pure and dynamic and then seamlessly transitioned to cricket spitting contests or num chuck demonstrations until you witness him in person.
Evan's faith, commitment and reverence have led to two recent distinctions at church. In November, our family, including April's parents, witnessed Evan's ordination at Ocean Hills Community Church, where he has spent the last 3/4 of his life. Secondly, he was promoted to Head Youth Pastor at Ocean Hills Community Church. He must get his teaching skills from his mother and his perseverance from his father. More importantly, we credit April with dressing him, feeding him, and making sure he keeps good hygiene. Evan and April truly personify a Godly marriage and true love. In addition to her support, April has been working as an office manager for a design firm, as well as decorating and renovating their new apartment in San Clemente. In fact she is in the process of adding an art studio in their new garage.


I kid you not, when I first read this I had tears in my eyes from laughter. I couldn't breathe.

0 comments

Search the Service Archive