Welcome to Ocean Hills Church

I'm Back

Posted by Evan Liewer Sunday, August 19, 2007

No way some 104 degree fever is going to get me down. Luckily I was the only one with that bad of a fever. The good news is the flu was only a 24 hour bug and most people that were ill are completely better. In fact most of them are soaring over and through the jungle as I type. I myself feel so much better than yesterday and want to thank everyone for their prayers.

Well things change in Costa Rica and the ATV guy got sick so everyone went zip lining. We broke into 2 groups and the first group just returned and the second group is going now. It was an awesome trip, we saw the elusive Bullet Ant and a sloth. But my favorite was we heard a Howler Monkey and all the boys were like "Its a recording to scare tourists." But on the next platform there they were, 4 of them. One of them threw its poop at us. So I started howling back at it and Chris Nicol shook the team he was in, very fun.

Yesterday we had Franklin share his testimony with us in the morning. Franklin has lived in Puerto Viejo for many years and i have known him for about 5 years. He has a crazy testimony and held the complete attention of all the students. Last night was the first meeting I have ever missed, but from what I hear, Raquel did a good job of sharing. However I ask that you keep tonight in your prayers. Its a special night that I look forward to ever year and have been praying about for a while. Its a night where we ask students to look deep into their lives and reach out for help. Its a night with lots of prayer and its a night most students will never ever forget, so please keep it in prayer.

So since I missed a recap yesterday let me list a few of the things I remember. Friday night was our youth Skate Park out reach and it was really cool. Kim Nicol learned how to drop in off a ramp skate boarding and we had a bunch of students skating with the locals. In the evening Billy did worship and Savannah gave her testimony. She did an awesome job and someone raised their hand to accept the Lord. Team Holla Holla has almost completely finished painting the school and has made good friends with many of the students there. Yesterday we went to a waterfall and had a great time swimming in the pools, getting bananas, and goofing off. Tomorrow is our last work day and then we leave for the airport at 10am on Tuesday morning. The time has flown past us, many of us are sad that it is almost over. In fact Dillon has threaten me he is going to swim to the island Tuesday morning so he doesnt have to go back. But that is where we are at, keep us in your prayers and see you all soon!

0 comments

Search the Service Archive