Welcome to Ocean Hills Church

Day 1

Posted by Evan Liewer Thursday, July 17, 2008

Here we are at the end of day one. It was a wonderful day, we had a great time orientating ourselves with the city. 16 of us came last year and we have 4 new comers (this is my 7th time). So what we did was had the 4 newcomers do what is known as the Puerto Viejo challenge. They had to explore the city and speak to locals to learn the culture and history of the city. My favorite part was when Alex comes back to the group (all of them late because they had such wonderful conversations) saying, "I love Costa Rica, I love Puerto Viejo". The rest of the team split in half and walked the city, seeing the changes and remembering the good times from last year. Dinner was at Elena Brown's where the majority of us had rice and chicken.

Tomorrow will be our first day of ministry. We are all traveling to one of the local missionaries new house which is under construction. We will be working on the property doing whatever they need. April and I visited the house last April and it was under heavy construction, they moved in last week and to my knowledge it is still under heavy construction. Then in the evening, we will be working at the skate park. It is the youth skate night, so we will have a large outreach with free park BBQ, music, and of course skating. Good things will happen, I know it (cause i've been praying about it.

Please keep us in prayer for our sleep tonight. We traveled for 30 hours or so and many of us our beat. As I write this, everyone is in bed except for 1 room, who just informed me they are getting ice cream. So pray for a good night sleep, continued health. No one is feeling sick, which i am so excited about, but I want to keep it that way. Also pray for our two main activities tomorrow.

PS i only had the chance to put up a dozen photos or so. At the top of this page is a link for photos, click that and select Costa Rica 2008. I will keep adding more photos each day.

0 comments

Search the Service Archive